Registration for Foreign Nationals
Registrations of Foreign Nationals Under Section 26(1) of the Immigration Act 1971. If you are from one of the below countries, and sixteen years of age or over and intend to study or work in the United Kingdom then you must register with the Police within 7 days of arrival in the United Kingdom. If you or your dependants are required to register with the Police it will be clearly stated on your visa.
Azerbaijan North Korea
Colombia Saudi Arabia
Jordan United Arab Emirates
To register with the police please click here to make an appointment.To register with the Police you must bring the following: -
- Your passport.
- Two passport sized photographs.
- Documentary details of university/college course being studied/work permit or letter of employment.
- Details of your address on Merseyside.
The fee is £34 cash only and must be paid on the day of registration.
Foreign Nationals - Change in circumstances
Once you are registered with the police you must report the following changes, please make an appointment by clicking here
- Any new visa or extensions of stay granted by the Home Office.
- Change of address.
- New passport.
- Any change of college, university, course or occupation.
- Change of marital status.
At the end of your stay you must return your police registration certificate to us and tell us when you will be leaving the UK.
Please post certificates to:
For further information contact 0151 777 8549.
Failure to attend for registration with the police may result in a fine of up to £5,000 and/or imprisonment for six months.