Registration for Foreign Nationals
Overseas Visitor Registration Office
We are located at:
Overseas Visitors Registration office
Wavertree Road Police Station
Liverpool, L7 1RJ
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday (by appointment only)
8.00 am – 4.00 pm Variable depending on
Contact Details: Telephone: 0151 777 5407
Foreign National Registration – Immigration Act 1971
Under Section 26(1)(f) of the Immigration Act 1971, foreign nationals from certain countries who are over the age of sixteen years and intend to study or work in the United Kingdom, are required to register with the police within seven days of arrival in the United Kingdom.
Failure to register with the police is an offence and where a person fails to register it can leave them liable to a fine of up to £5000 and or six months imprisonment. Your stay in the United Kingdom may also be affected.
Registering with the Police
If you or your dependants are required to register and the visa in your passport states “PolRegistration” or your Bio Residence Permit Card states “Register/Report to Police”, you must attend the Overseas Visitor Records Office within seven days to register. Follow the link to check if you are required to register.
How do I register or change existing details?
To register or change existing details with the Police is strictly by appointment only. Appointments can be made by clicking here.
What do I need to bring when I register?
- Completed registration form – click here to download form
- Your passport or travel document
- Two passport sized photographs
- Confirmation of your status in the UK (ie study letter or work permit/employment letter)
- Details of your address in Merseyside
- £34.00 cash (registration fee)
What do I do if my circumstances change?
Once you are registered with the police you must report the following changes:
- Any new visa or extensions or stay granted by the Home Office
- Any new landing conditions
- Change of address
- New passport
- Any change of college, university, course or occupation
- Change of marital status
- Exemption from Police Registration
- Change of nationality
Changes to your circumstances must be reported to the police within eight days of the change occurring.