Contacting Us

F -control -room

There are a number of ways you can contact Merseyside Police.

If it's an emergency call 999

Call this number if:
 - A crime is happening now
 - Someone is injured
 - You or someone else is in danger
 - The person who has committed the offence is still there or is nearby

Reporting an emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment

  • By text phone (Typetalk) You can contact the police using Typetalk emergency line 18000.
  • By SMS text message. You can also use the Emergency SMS (ESMS) service to send an emergency text message. Before you are able to send an emergency text message you will need to register your mobile phone with the system.

If it's not an emergency or for general enquiries call 101*

*Calls to 101 cost 15 pence per call from landlines and mobiles - no matter how long you're on the phone.

If you're calling from outside Merseyside you can call us on 0151 709 6010.

Reporting a non-emergency if you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impediment

You can now contact the police through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.

Contacting us online

You can contact us online by the following methods in non-emergency instances only:

Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111

There may be times when you want to report an incident, or give us information to help us solve crimes, but you don't want anyone to know who you are.

If this is the case you can call Crimestoppers. They are a UK charity, independent of the police, which means if you call them, you won't have to give your name. It also means you won't have to give evidence or go to court.

You can also report to crimestoppers online using their secure form.

Ask The Police

Askthe Police -RGB[1](1) Before contacting us for general enquiries, consider if your question can be answered by Ask The Police - the official FAQ police resource for England & Wales.