Seventeen Arrested On Suspicion Of Drugs Offences
Officers from the North West Regional Organised Crime Unit
(Titan) have arrested 17 people on suspicion of drugs offences
today (Thursday, 18 October 2012) as part of an investigation into
a multi-million pound drugs conspiracy.
Officers from Titan, helped by officers from Merseyside and
North Wales executed 22 search warrants across Kirkdale, Sleeper
Hill, Vauxhall, Kensington, Walton, Bellevale, Everton, Kirkby,
Eastham and Gronant in North Wales following a lengthy
investigation into drugs trafficking.
Fifteen men and two women have been taken to police stations for
questioning by detectives.
Those arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply Class A
- Four men aged 33, 29, 25 and 60 and a 30-year-old woman from
- A 34-year-old man from Eastham
- Two men aged 54 and 59 from Sleeper Hill
- Two men aged 28 and 40 from Kirkdale
- Three men aged 50, 32 and 61 from Everton
- Two men aged 28 and 37 from Walton
- A 44-year-old man from Kirkby
- A 32-year-old woman from Vauxhall has also been arrested on
suspicion of money laundering
During the searches officers seized a large quantity of
substances believed to be Class A drugs and mixing agents, cash,
two cars and drugs paraphenalia.
Detective Superintendent Jason Hudson from Titan said: "Drugs
are a blight on communities and can have a devastating affect on
not only those who use them but on residents who witness drug
related activity in their area.
"Today's operation demonstrates the ongoing commitment and
dedication of Titan in tackling drug-related crime across the North
"We appeal to anyone with any information relating to serious
and organised crime in their area to contact police so we can take
rigorous action against them."
Anyone with any information is asked to call their neighbourhood
policing team on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555
111. Alternatively, people can leave information via Titan's
website on www.titanrocu.org.uk