What to do if this is happening to you
Click here if you need to navigate away from this site quickly
If you recognise any of the warnings signs, importantly you are not to blame.
The most important thing to do is to tell someone you trust about what is happening.
Here is some practical advice to help you:
- Do not retaliate physically or verbally
- Keep a diary of incidents, noting down times, dates and witnesses, if any
- Keep a photographic record of injuries
- Report each incident to your GP or hospital
- Never be afraid to ask for help and always remember in an emergency dial 999