How to report a Hate Crime
If you have witnessed or experienced hate crime you can report it in a number of ways:
- Call 101 or in an emergency dial 999.
- For practical advice and support call 101 and ask to speak to your local hate crime team.
- Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Visit your local police station. Click here to see where your nearest police station is.
- You can call into a third party reporting centre (i.e Registered Social Landlords offices).
- If you prefer the pictorial version of how to deal with Hate Crime and make a report, or you are looking after a person who would benefit from having this version please click here.
- Click here to report hate crime via 'Stop Hate Uk.
- Click here to report hate crime via Crimestoppers online.
- If you live in certain areas of Merseyside, your local authority may pay into a reporting system called Stop hate UK. They can be contacted on 0800 138 1625 or via the Internet on StopHateUK.org
If you feel uncomfortable contacting any of the above agencies, please speak with a trusted community member who could help you make the report.