Anti Social Behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour?

A lot of people think they've experienced anti-social behaviour (ASB). There are many different types of ASB, some are dealt with by the police, and some by your local council.

Merseyside Police deals with:

Your local Council deals with:

Vandalism that is linked to threatening and/or offensive behaviour

Rowdy and noisy neighbours

Graffiti linked to threatening and/or offensive behaviour (e.g.: involving racism or other hate crimes)

General vandalism


Buying drugs on the street

General graffiti, such as 'tagging'

Drinking on the street

Uncontrolled pets

Threatening or drunken behaviour

Abandoned vehicles

Setting off fireworks late at night

Unkempt gardens, rubbish dumping

Off road motor bikes

Shouting and name-calling



For more information on the types of Anti-Social Behaviour, please click here: Anti Social Behaviour

Website links to all local councils:

How to report?
Call 101 to report ASB to us or dial 999 in an Emergency.