Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key Leave this site
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
We have charged five men with drug supply after warrants were executed in Wirral yesterday morning (Thursday 17 December).
The warrants were carried out following an investigation into the supply of cocaine in England and Scotland, and form part of the Merseyside Police response to Operation Venetic, a national investigation into the use of encrypted mobile devices, commonly referred to as Encrochat.
The following five men were charged with conspiracy to supply class A controlled drugs between March and December 2020:
- Joseph Bernard Drake, 45, of Overchurch Road, Upton,
- Joseph Thomas Cropper, 37, of Lynnbank, Oxton
- Christopher Hanlon, 40, of Elton Street, Liverpool
- Jordan James Smith, 23, of Townsend Street, Birkenhead
- Robert Pearce, 67, of Gainsborough Road, Upton
They were remanded in custody to appear at Liverpool Magistrates this morning (Friday 19 December).