I already have a degree
Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP)
- To be eligible to apply you need to hold a degree-level qualification in any subject area (not in Professional Policing Practice).
- You will work in the role of an operational police officer receiving on the job learning which will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary for a profession in policing whilst also studying for a diploma and earning a wage.
- You will complete a 2 year Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Professional Policing Practice. This will include a programme of academic modules, course work and exams.
- You will be a ‘probationary’ police officer for 2 years whilst completing your Diploma.
- Academic learning on the Graduate Diploma in Professional Policing practice programme is provided by Liverpool John Moores University and Merseyside Police staff with plenty of support from both.
- Upon your completion, you graduate as a Merseyside Police Officer and achieve a diploma in Professional Policing Practice.
- Merseyside Police will provide student support processes such as coaching/mentoring, one to one meetings, development surgeries both within the classroom and work based phases of each programme to assist in your development
- Your starting salary shall be: £24,177
- DHEP Structure