I don't have a degree
Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA)
- To be eligible to apply you must have achieved a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent)
- You will apply to Merseyside Police and upon appointment will begin your three year degree apprenticeship.
- You will work in the role of an operational police officer receiving on the job learning whilst alongside studying for a degree and earning a wage – this is demanding d you must be prepared for some hard work.
- During the apprenticeship period you will be a ‘probationary’ police officer for three years.
- On completion of the apprenticeship you will be confirmed in your appointment.
- Academic learning on the Degree in Professional Policing practice programme is provided by Liverpool John Moores University and Merseyside Police staff with plenty of support from both.
- The academic costs of degree in Professional Policing Practice are covered
- Merseyside Police will provide student support processes such as coaching/mentoring, one to one meetings, development surgeries both within the classroom and work based phases of each programme to assist in your development
- Your starting salary will be: £24,177
- PCDA Structure