Terms and Conditions
This promotion is administered solely by the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police and not to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for entry to the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police’s #iheartMerseyside competition and will not be provided to any other party without your consent.
The competition opens at 9am on Friday, December 11th, 2020. The closing date for receipt of entries, of a photograph depicting why you love Merseyside, will be at 11:59pm on Thursday, December 17th, 2020. The two winners (one for the Liverpool Football Club message and one for the Everton Football Club message) will be notified the following day on Friday, December 18th, 2020 via Instagram. The two prizes – a personalised video message from a first team player from Liverpool Football Club and Everton Football Club will be sent to the winner’s email address. The winners must agree to give permission to Merseyside Police, LFC and EFC to publicise their name on our social media channels namely Facebook, Instagram and Twitter announcing them as winners of the prize.
By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the promoter (the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police), which are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion.
The Chief Constable of Merseyside Police’s #iheartmerseyside Competition Official Terms & Conditions:
- This prize giveaway from Friday, December 11th to Thursday, December 16th, 2020 is open to residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man; they must be aged 18 years and older and Merseyside Police employees, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion are exempt from entering.
- This is a non-premium prize giveaway and is free to enter.
- Entries to the prize giveaway must be made via Merseyside Police’s Instagram page.
- An unlimited number of entries can be made by any one person entering the competition and the instructions on the post must be followed to ensure entry.
- The winner of each of the video prizes will be randomly selected by Merseyside Police and will be initially notified through Instagram on Friday, December 17th, 2020. In the event the selected winners do not respond to the initial contact made by us, the promoter (the Chief Constable of Merseyside Police) will make a second contact but if still no response has been received in a further seven working days, the winner’s claim to the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen on the same merit. The prizes cannot be transferred or assigned to another person but only the named winner.
- The winners must agree to their name being announced on Merseyside Police, Everton Football Club and Liverpool Football Club’s social media channels namely Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winners to provide Merseyside Police with a valid email address for the videos to be sent and to provide a short message they would like the players to read.
- The Chief Constable of Merseyside Police will never sell or share your personal information to any third party. All personal data supplied to the promoter (The Chief Constable of Merseyside Police) will only be held for a maximum of 28 days. Thereafter your details will be permanently deleted.
- The Chief Constable of Merseyside Police reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this prize giveaway in wholly exceptional circumstances outside its control.
- The promoter’s (Merseyside Police) decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.